The Shadows of Kensington Gore by Ross Montgomery

 The Shadows of Kensington Gore by Ross Montgomery

I really enjoyed the first book The Murder At World's End and was really looking forward to reading the sequel. Once again I really enjoyed it. Stephen is very charming and Decima is a wicked delight. The plot is woven through with suffragettes and a lot of housemaids. It's a very fun read and I had no clue who did it. It's well written and very enjoyable. I look forward to see what's next for this unlikely pair.  Highly recommend if you like witty murder mysteries with a few red herrings. Thank you to the author, the publisher, and to Netgalley for this ARC. 



well-written, clever, sharp and funny.
The mystery is intriguing and well done. I loved the introduction of the Ivy’s, and Stephen and Miss Decima have grown on me quite a bit since the first book.



Second books in a series can be tricky, especially if you have loved the first one as much as I did, 

 twisty and dark sequel. 

The mystery itself is very cleverly woven through the plot, with red herrings being thrown in from all directions, and despite my best efforts I failed miserably to spot the true villain of the peace.


It follows on from Murder at World’s End, it’s a complete delight.





Having very much enjoyed the first book in this series, I was looking forward to hearing more about our unlikely detecting duo - Stephen and Miss Decima. This one didn't disappoint. It's silly and funny and also an engaging mystery story. I enjoyed that the plot revolved around the suffragettes, and I didn't guess the whodunnit at all.

Was this review helpful? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because I Killed Him by Edith Birde

A Family Affair by Jodi Taylor

Tyrants and Rogues Understanding the Declaration of Independence by Robert G. Parkinson