Maritime Master in an Age of Peril by Michael Thomas Price

 Maritime Master in an Age of Peril by Michael Thomas Price

This book is a fictionalised version of the story of Captain Matthew Price (1777 to 1821). I must admit I had never heard of him but as a keen enjoyer of books set in the 18th/19th century, especially those with a maritime twist then I knew I had to add this to my reading list. I am glad I did. Matthew is an interesting character who takes to the sea as a child and this book is all about his endeavors. Over the course of his career he navigates slave rebellions, trades, and faces pirates on the high seas. After a shipwreck leaves him financially ruined he decides to take part in the British blockade in the War of 1812. This book really shows the trials and tribulations of the people who embarked on this life at sea, and it is a very well detailed book and it's clear that the author has done his research on his ancestor. I'd recommend this book if you're interested in maritime history or are interested in tales of adventure on the high seas in general. Thank you to the author, the publisher, and to Netgalley for this ARC.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because I Killed Him by Edith Birde

Tyrants and Rogues Understanding the Declaration of Independence by Robert G. Parkinson

Book Review. The Irish Assassins.