Death Writ Large The unmissable new linguistic mystery in the Sunday Times bestselling series from Britain's wordsmith, Susie Dent by Susie Dent

 Death Writ Large by Susie Dent


I have read Guilty by Definition and really enjoyed that. Dent's adoration of the English language is one of the things I find so interesting about reading her previous book as she cleverly works linguistics into the plot. As with any good murder mystery there were lots of twists and turns and I found the story to be really engaging and it kept me guessing. The lexicographer Martha Thornhill is a really interesting and likeable character and this book has the usual eccentric suspects one expects from this genre of murder mysteries. I think I preferred this one to the first book but both are really well written. Thank you to the author, the publisher, and to Netgalley for this ARC. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because I Killed Him by Edith Birde

Tyrants and Rogues Understanding the Declaration of Independence by Robert G. Parkinson

Book Review. And He Shall Appear by Kate van der Borgh